Disclaimer: When you use the partner links below, we receive a small commission that supports this content. Thank you!
Beat the heat this summer (or anytime you are feeling warm!) with the delicious aroma of this cooling spray. Great for summer heat, hot flashes, or anytime you need to cool off.
And the best thing? It’s simple to make!
- 1 oz spray bottle (natural plastic or glass is best)
- Organic Witch Hazel
- Distilled or purified water
- 15-20 drops of cooling essential oils
- Optional: Chalkboard Labels
Putting It Together
- Remove spray top (if necessary)
- Add the cooling essential oils to your spray bottle. We really enjoy half spearmint and peppermint. Other oils to consider are wintergreen, lavender, and lemongrass. Avoid citrus as these oils make the skin photosensitive.
- Then fill it 1/3 (doesn’t have to be exact) of the way with witch hazel.
- Top off with distilled or purified water. Be sure to leave room for some air at the top.
- Securely tighten on spray top.
- Apply label. Put some packing tape on top of label to protect it.
Shake well before use.
Avoid the face. If you want some on your face, spray into your hands and apply to your face avoiding the eyes.
Spray on the crown of the head, back of neck, chest, underarms, spine, and/or feet whenever you want to cool down. Enjoy the cooling sensation and wonderful aroma!
This recipe is fur pet-friendly as long as you avoid wintergreen, birch, & tea tree oils! Remember to avoid the face; spray on your fur baby’s back, belly, and paws to help cool them down.